Thursday, July 5, 2007

Today, I'm thankful for...

My Mom would always remind me...when things don't go my way or when problems come pouring in like rain --- sit down, breathe deeply, grab a pen and paper and write down all the things I'm thankful for.  Big or small, it doesn't matter.  Blessings are never trivial.  

Today, I woke up sluggish.  Not looking forward to anything positive because DH and I had some serious issues to deal with (not relationship-related, thank goodness).  As if things weren't bad enough, we got a call from our helper who's in the province, informing us that her eldest son had passed on a few minutes earlier from tuberculosis.  We sent her home last week to take care of him, shouldered his hospital bills and medicine expenses. But obviously it was too late.  Anyway, I'll save that story for another entry.

This day was STRESSFUL, to say the least.  It's especially hard when all you can do is offer moral support because that's all you can contribute.  But now that things are a bit quieter and the kids are getting ready for bed, my mind is a bit clearer and I'm ready (albeit not with my pen and paper) to do as my Mom tells me.

Today, I'm thankful for:
  • Hot home-cooked meals throughout the day
  • Bonding time with Sabine
  • Anissa coming home safely from school
  • My brother's words of comfort and all-out support
  • My Dad's words of wisdom
  • My Mom's soothing "touch"
  • Life in general --- which, I have to admit, is still good inspite of the minor obstacles that are thrown at us every now and then (today, included)
I can actually make a longer list if I want to.  In fact, if I wanted to make another list containing all the not-so-positive stuff, I could do that as well. But my gratitude list would definitely be longer still.  

Hopefully, tomorrow won't be so bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment