Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Make-Up Purchase for the Year!


I got wind of the news on Twitter. The 2011 Spring Collection is available in Duty Free and guess where we were really planning to go yesterday? Such great timing! So I Googled to get a sneak peak of what's there and from the entire collection, my eyes zoomed in on this...


It's the Joeues Contraste Blush in Espiegle (a silken rosy peach shade, according to the site). When it comes to blushes, I'm more partial to peachy shades. The really pinkish ones don't suit me. I can have a touch of pink but it has to be really minimal, never the cotton candy type. I read a few reviews on it and it sounded perfect.

I hit the Chanel counter at DF Philippines and and when I looked at the pan, I panicked slightly. It looked too light, I was almost sure the color wouldn't show on my skin. But you know what they say, you'll never know unless you try. So try it on I did and VOILA. It DID show up! I made a small mistake by putting too much though. Now I know I don't need a lot.

At $40 a piece, it might be a bit painful for some pockets but I didn't hesitate. I know that with the other blushes I have, it would take sometime before I run out of this. Plus I heard it's going to be part of the permanent line so that's a relief as well.

Here are the other items in the 2011 Les Perles de Chanel Make Up Collection


The Limited Edition Ombres Perlees de Chanel Eyeshadow Palette
$59.00


Le Vernis in Pearl Drop and Black Pearl
$20.00

And here's the entire collection

I'm not a total make-up junkie so although everything else looked gorgeous, I decided to stick to what I needed and what I use the most. The eyeshadow palettes were so tempting, but I don't wear eyeshadow all the time, so that would be a complete waste.

I heard there are stocks available already at the Chanel counter in Rustan's Shangri-la Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment