Friday, February 11, 2011

Kulasa Power --- Happy 25 Years, HS Batch 1986!




The past few days have been hectic, to say the least...

Sunday, February 6 --- Homecoming Day. I was in the salon as early as 10am to get my hair and make up done. Had a quick lunch at home then it was off to St. Scho' because call time was at 130pm. I would have to admit...I knew I would enjoy this day so much, but I totally underestimated myself. I HAD A BLAST. Mass started at 3pm and I did the First Reading and Responsorial Psalm. Good turnout from our batch, which was hosting this year. It was really, really nice seeing "old" faces, most of which I hadn't seen since we graduated from high school!

After the mass, we were each given our Benedictine medals


Afterwhich, it was off to St. Cecilia's Hall to get the program started!

I didn't get to watch some of the numbers presented by other celebrating batches but I was really impressed by the ones I was able to see. Our fellow Scholasticans obviously put a lot of work (and love) into their dances, same way my batchmates and I did. Being back in this auditorium brought back so many memories, especially of dance recitals I participated in. Being a member of the Dance Club my whole high school life, I was so used to performing on this very stage. But that night was different. I was SO excited and nervous at the same time! Despite the jitters though, it all turned out so well. We all had fun on stage and I was rather sad when the numbers ended.

Here we are doing the opening
number for the program.
The Madonna Medley

And then our 2nd number and the program's finale
The super fun 80's medley
(Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Just Got Lucky and Karma Chameleon)


It was really one HUGE party!!!

Thanks to all those who made this happen. My batchmates worked so hard to make sure this homecoming was a success. I'm so happy for the people who put in so much time, effort and love into this production. I'm already having withdrawals and starting to miss the Saturday dance practices. But I'm sure it doesn't end here. All the REAL fun of getting to know one another again is just about to start.

Cheers to High School Batch 1986!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment