Friday, January 28, 2011

Something's Cooking!



There's one thing I've been wanting to do for the LONGEST time now. My excuse for not having done it? Lack of time. Whatever free time I had when I was still working fulltime, I wanted to devote it to my family. If I wasn't out of the country travelling, I was tied up at the office in back-to-back meetings. When I got home, I was too exhausted to do anything else. Weekends were spent either catching up on sleep or taking the kids out. I hardly had any time left for myself. So these plans had to be put in the back burner for a while.

Now that I'm no longer a fulltime corporate slave (literally) and spending all my free time at home in between consulting projects, I no longer have an excuse not to mobilize the plans that have been sitting in a corner for years. I'm not superstitious at all, but I'm just not ready to disclose full details at this point. I'm kinda busy working on all the details, with the help of my eldest daughter, Anissa, who serves as my artist. Eventually, I know she'll also be my roadtester and biggest critic.

I can't wait to get started on this. The other night, I sat down to a meeting with somebody who will work with me on this. It was quick but very productive. On our way home from the meeting, barely 20 minutes on the road, my phone buzzed with a new message in my email. I was pleasantly shocked to read it :


I couldn't totally ignore the fact that this message (which I get twice a week from Bo Sanchez), could have come at another time. But right after the meeting??? This was no coincidence, I know it! I'm so grateful to HIM for His perfec timing. I just know things will all work out.

Last night, because she didn't have any homework, Anissa started putting my ideas on paper. She's very talented and can draw really well (got the talent from my Dad) so rather than pay for someone to do the job for me, she happily obliged.


That's all I can share for now. I'm hoping that I get to kick this off before the summer months or right in the middle of summer. I can hardly wait!

2 comments: