Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hizon's Mocha Cake --- an old reliable favorite!


Okay, so I decided to take a different route last night when we had to bring dessert to another reunion. While Chocolat's Tiramisu is to die for, this is what we brought to the last gathering with this very same group. I wanted to satisfy my own craving for something more "old school". Besides, we had a couple of balikbayans in this group and it would be good for them to reunite with an old favorite.

The Mocha cake actually comes in 3 sizes : round, square and rectangle
Can you guess why I chose the round one?
You know how everyone tries to beat each other to the corners, where all that yummy icing is?
The round-shaped one totally gets rid of all that competition hahaha!
I'm an icing monster and I especially love buttercream icing so this one was just perfect!

Two things I love about this cake:

The icing is not "over the top" sweet
The cake itself is really thick and moist

Quite expensive compared to other cakes at Php 1,020 but definitely worth the minor dent in your wallet.

P.S.
I made sure my slice was right smack on the flower icing hehehe!

2 comments:

  1. You're so right na its a COMPETITION!! I always get first dibs on the corners!!! hihihi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that's so funny, we're the same!

    ReplyDelete