After reading through the long thread of reviews at Femalenetwork.com, and getting a personal recommendation from a friend who's been taking her daughter there for cuts and rebonding, I decided to bring Anissa to this place early yesterday morning. She's been needing a good haircut for a while now. Her hair has grown so long, all the way to her bra line, and she wanted a fresh change. The day before, I sent the salon a text to inquire what time Ken (the highly-recommended) stylist would be free to take us in. Here are my honest reviews about this whole experience:
- Texting them to book an appointment was a total BREEZE. I received a reply to my first text less than 5 minutes after I sent it. The person on the other end was accommodating and prompt. Our appointment was at 930am Sunday, 30 mins earlier than opening time of 10am but I wasn't charged extra for barging in earlier.
- Upon our arrival, I was greeted by their receptionist, Michelle, who ushered me to the 2nd floor. Another assistant followed soon and shampooed Anissa's hair.
- Ken was on time. He greeted the both of us with a very warm "good morning" and answered all of my questions. He was very pleasant and professional.
- I also told Ken that I desperately wanted a haircut, but asked him for his advice. My hair is also due for rebonding (last session was Oct last year) and all my waves were starting to show. Hence, the fact that my hair is always up in a ponytail nowadays. He was kind enough to tell me to wait until the day I decide to do the rebonding. Because if I have it cut now, I would have a hard time styling it because of the natural waves. Note that he never suggested that I have this all done by him. He was just giving me his honest opinion.
- There was no hard selling of any kind (which is a plus factor for me because I get irritated at the slightest hint). There was just a very kind offer from Michelle to do a mani-pedi while I was waiting for Anissa, but I opted to have my hair shampooed and blow dried instead, since we were going out anyway.
- We were both offered iced tea or coffee.
- They had an abundance of both local and US magazines around.
- Place was very decent and clean. Not too big (maybe they should consider moving to a more spacious area in the future).
- Parking was not a hassle because we came early. But during peak hours/days, it could be a problem due to the very limited space they have for cars.
- They do nails too ... I just forgot to check on the nail polish brands they carry but I'm sure someone has written about it in the forum (see Femalenetwork link above)
- Anissa also wanted to know if she can have her hair rebonded in the future. Ken advised that she might not need it because the cut she asked for got rid of her waves. He asked us to observe first and if it turns out she really wants one, she can have only a semi-rebonding for P2,500.
My over-all rating : 4.5 stars! Only because I go by the rule that nobody/nothing is perfect. But for the price of TWO HUNDRED BUCKS for a haircut (that's roughly US$ 5.00, yes!), I have absolutely no reason to complain. Ken was precise and thorough and explained his moves almost the entire way, also teaching Anissa the proper way to dry her hair to achieve the same effect.
I'm completely sold on going back there for my own needs. I just had my hair colored a week ago so my rebonding session would have to wait another 7 days. What's nice about this is I know exactly how much I'm going to spend when I go back. Ken already told me hehe!
Here's a picture I took while Ken was snipping away at Anissa's VERY long hair
And here's a pic I took when we got home.
That's atleast 6-8 inches off! She was stunned at first at the amount of hair she had to give up but was so happy with the results.
See you again very soon, Soiree!!!
Contact them at 0922 8500069 and don't forget to ask for Ken
Address : Katipunan Ave. Extension, St. Ignatius QC (near White Plains)