Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My two cents on coffee



One of my most favorite things in the whole world is...yes, coffee! My day is never right if I don't have my morning fix. No meal is ever complete without it because although it might sound strange to some, coffee helps me feel less bloated after pigging out. But that's not even the weirdest part...I need to have one last cup right before going to bed. How weird is that?! Here's a list of some of the best coffees I've had, most of which I keep going back to:

Figaro's House Blend - I'm glad it's now sold in packs for addicts like me to bring home
UCC's House Blend and all their other brewed variants - expensive, yes but so worth every cent!
Edsa and Makati Shang's brewed coffee (Circles and Heat) - but these are the only ones that can make me palpitate so I suggest you ask for an extra cup of boiling water to tone it down a bit.
Starbucks - but only their blended drinks.For some reason, I don't like their brewed variants. I always order their Java Chip Frapp and Iced Cafe Mocha.
From the Baguio Public Market - shucks, I can't seem to remember the stall's name at the moment. But there is this place inside the market that sells coffee beans, all kinds! I always get the Benguet Beans at only Php140 a kilo. I order them on my way in, buy all my veggies and then pick it up on the way out --- freshly grounded. They also have flavored coffee (Hazelnut, Irish Cream, etc) for Php 240 a kilo. This is what I've been having for the past few weeks at home.
And what's the one brand I would never ever drink even if I have to skip having coffee for one whole day? Definitely Gloria Jean's. I don't know, it's just not something I enjoy drinking. I'd rather take Nescafe Master Roast straight from the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment