Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today was ANISSA day!

It was all about my Emo girl today. We (my Mom, Sabine, Yayay and myself) went to Trinoma Mall for her scheduled shoot for the show momWorks! on Lifestyle Network. Arrived earlier than call time because I was scared I might not be able to find the meeting place right away. This was only my 4th time in Trinoma and my friends know I'm not exactly fond of this place hehehe. When it was time to meet up with the show's production crew, she suddenly had cold feet and told me, "Mom, I'm sweating!". She was thinking of backing out last night but I told her sorry, I didn't force you, you said yes. And now it's too late to back out.
The girls, while waiting for Anissa's call time

Here she is being fitted with her lapel mic by Kathleen of momWorks!

The first leg was the "shopping" leg. She was given 500 bucks as promised and was asked to spend it on whatever she fancied. Unfortunately, the stage Moms (there was another kid who was asked to do the same thing) were discouraged from being present during this shoot so I wasn't able to document it. I think it was just as well because Anissa was so conscious the whole time, it would have been worse for her if Mommy ran around the place and followed the camera crew around while she was doing her thing.

After half an hour, Karen of Lifestyle Network brought her to us while we were having a super quickie lunch downstairs in Tokyo Tokyo. A little while later, I got a text from Karen that the interview segment was about to be shot. So off we went two floors up to Kids Zone. This time I got to take a video of the kids' interview with show host, Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan. Although obviously nervous and very self-conscious, I was so proud of the way Anissa answered Maricel's questions. She knew what the questions were beforehand but didn't really prepare her answers. I knew she could do it! (I'm posting this video separately)

The interview took no more than half an hour so we had an entire afternoon to spend at the mall! Bought her school shoes from Landmark, took her to the salon for her much-awaited haircut (yes she got the style she's been dying to copy!), bought a few more things then finally had dinner in CYMA before heading home. This deserves a separate blog entry so watch out for it.
I'm tired to say the least! Now I know that Anissa is definitely not showbiz material because she kept telling me over and over again, "Mom, remind me never to do this again!" I know she was serious when she said this.
Oh well...atleast she got to do it once and can hold on to the memory forever!I think Sabine is more cut out for this kind of thing, seeing how much she loves having her photos taken plus the fact that it's so easy for her to warm up to people she doesn't really know too well.
More photos of our exhausting but productive day in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment