Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hey you...

I wish I could tell you that this entry is all about you. But I would rather keep your identity a secret for now.

Last month, something unthinkable happened to me. Totally unexpected...it took the wind out of my sails for a while. You were there when it happened. You saw how upset I was (but I hope you know I wasn't upset with you). Somewhat like the voice of doom, that was what you were. But something told me, something like an inner voice in my head said to me: don't take it personally, don't let this situation make you forget the kind of person she really is. I listened to that voice. Weeks passed and many other disappointments presented themselves. Still, I maintained my initial mindset --- God knows the truth, everything will be alright.

Today, a month and some weeks after that fateful day, our friendship is rekindled and it's one of the things I'm truly grateful for. Everyday since our first long conversation in a while, I've thanked the Lord for this rediscovery. Things are so much clearer now, thanks to you. Sure, some of the things you opened my eyes to really hurt to a certain extent. But I haven't lost faith. I still believe this is all happening for a reason, and is just a prelude to a much brighter, peaceful future. It's the same thing that comes to mind when i think about you turning your back on those same people responsible for my current circumstance. This was all meant to happen. No matter how painful, it is part of God's plan.

It feels great to be reassured this way. I know that our long talks in the past few days are God's way of telling me that He is still at work and has full control. There is absolutely no reason for me to give up, especially not now, not when He has given me a much clearer understanding of things. I have very little regret in my heart. Mostly, it's hope for better days to come.

Thank you for not disappointing me, my friend. I always knew I was right about you.

You will always be in my prayers. I am truly blessed to have a friend like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment