Thursday, September 9, 2010

My 10 Minutes of Fame


For love of my Alma mater, I agreed (with much hesitation) to appear on ANC's Shop Talk today. The objective was to talk about and promote our fundraising efforts for our February 2011 SILVER Homecoming. I was relieved when my high school batch mates told me I wouldn't have to do it by myself. Good!But things got bad when we we told the night before that it was going to be a LIVE show. My nerves didn't stop acting up until today, at the very moment I took my seat and the interview happened. Those were the longest 10 minutes of my life! I don't regret doing it though. Least I could do, after being uninvolved the past year due to a hectic work life.

Here are the photos from that memorable experience...

In fairness, the girl's an expert. God knows how many faces she does everyday. In less than 15 minutes, my make up was done and I liked what she did.


Chinky's turn to get prepped

All in all it wasn't THAT bad. Chinky and I just freaked out slightly when, at the last minute, we were told that we were appearing in separate segments. We were under the impression that the host was going to interview us together, so we talked about catching each other just in case we forget any of our lines. Unfortunately, that was not to be the case! *Inhale, exhale ... I'm starting to hyperventilate just by recalling that specific moment*

A special thanks goes to the show's host, Lexi Shulze, for being so candid and casual and making us feel at home. She really is a good host, so comfortable in front of the camera.

To our batchmate, Tina P. who was there but chose to stay behind the scenes, thanks so much for acting as "alalay", photographer (we had to document it of course for our homecoming blog) and for helping us with our lines.

Next stop daw is a show on the other network naman. Oh my!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment