Sunday, October 24, 2010

Do I Love Weddings?




No, in general I don't. I've reached an age where dressing up and getting primped is no longer something I look forward to. I'm a shopper but the one thing I haven't invested in is evening/cocktail pieces. I always end up running around like a headless chicken a week before a formal event, looking for a dress plus shoes and a bag to match. However, this is the only part about weddings I don't enjoy.

Last weekend, one of my younger cousins (about 10 or so years my junior) tied the knot. I don't even remember the last wedding I went to. But I have to say, I haven't had this much FUN at a wedding in a very long time. The day began with a salon appointment for myself and the girls (the downside of not having sons, ang gastos! :D). By 330pm, we were off to the church.


The Nuestra Sra. dela Gracia church in Guadalupe is small but one of my favorites

Reception venue : The Jade Pavilion of Blue Leaf, McKinley Hill


This wedding was all about
LOVE ... TOGETHERNESS ... THANKSGIVING ... HOPE ... FUN
and most importantly
F A M I L Y

Neal and I

The bride's father, my Tito Manny

My (not so) baby brother

Cousins, Aunts, Uncles and our kids

My cousin, Patty, the blushing bride

My Sabine and the flower girls

My not so baby girl, Anissa

And the baby, Sabine

Catered by the famous Bizu
I feasted on their Macaroons plus the Cream Puff Tower
My sweet tooth went home a happy camper!

CONGRATULATIONS, Mr and Mrs Obag (Buddy and Patty)!!!
We wish you a long and happy marriage filled with God's abundant blessings!!!

These photos (and more) were all taken by Anissa
My girl's got talent!


No comments:

Post a Comment