Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The New Hawaii Five-O


Sorry to those who don't belong to my generation. This was a TV show back in the 70's and even as a child I remember looking forward to watching each episode weekly. It actually ran from 1968 to 1980. That's how popular it was. I'm so glad someone thought of reviving it.

Alex O'Loughlin (who starred opposite Jennifer Lopez in The Back Up Plan, which I also watched) is this show's Steve McGarrett. But in the show he plays the son of the original Steve McGarrett played by Jack Lord. His partner, Danny or Danno is now played by Scott Caan. I just love their onscreen chemistry!


I think Alex O'Loughlin is cute. No, cut that. I think he's GORGEOUS.

Even when his face is all messed up


Actor Daniel Day Kim is Chin Ho Kelly. But here's the weird part. In the pilot episode, I was eager to find out who would play the role of Kono Kalakua.


We always used to joke my Dad that he looked like the actor, Zulu who played Kono. I was surprised (more like weirded out) when I discovered that today, THIS is Kono...

Anyway...

This show is now officially in my Top 5 list. I just saw episode 7 of season 1 tonight and it was another well-written one. I'm crossing my fingers that the network gives this one a good run.

Looking forward to next week!


6 comments:

  1. Patty! I am so in like with the series as well! And its all because of ALEX O'LOUGHLIN! He's been a crush since his Moonlight days! Hahaha... :)

    I love watching this show because I like chemistry of Scott Caan and Alex!! :) Hihi..

    Love their hiritans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Moonlight? I didn't even know that. I first saw him in Back Up Plan and right there found him cute na. His role in Hawaii Five-O fits him to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Moonlight? I didn't even know that. I first saw him in Back Up Plan and right there found him cute na. His role in Hawaii Five-O fits him to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, I saw the 1st ep with my dad coz he loves that show. He was also surprised to see Kono as a girl. I LOVE ALEX, too! I watch him on Three Rivers at our local cable channel ( I think Velvet channel). Haven't had time to watch the other eps I downloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, I'll look for Three Rivers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Alex O'Loughlin and H5-0 is the best show on TV. I have all of his work on DVD and have been lucky enough to meet him - yes, he is gorgeous and he is such a nice man who appreciates his fans so much.

    ReplyDelete