Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Been 25 Years


I can't believe we're less than 2 weeks away from celebrating our high school batch's silver jubilee! My teenager told me last night, "Wow, Mom! 25 years since you graduated from high school?!" I'm not sure if she meant to insult me, the way she always does (jokingly, of course) but there's really no other way to say it. Yes, I am a Silver Jubiliarian this year.

After countless meetings with the Core Group (some of which I failed to attend, admittedly), fundraising activities and casual gatherings to just catch up and reconnect, we are now in the thick of preparing for our production numbers to be staged on the 6th of February. I have to say, it's been so much fun getting to know former classmates. A lot have been out of touch these past years and although we would be happier to see more people involved in the preparations and the performances, we're somehow okay with the fact that those who have been helping out are there consistently for the batch.

I am so proud to be part of this group and this batch in general. We all have our weird moments but that's where all the fun comes from.

Go, SSC Manila Batch '86!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment