Sunday, January 23, 2011

Found The Perfect Bronze Heels


With two weddings to attend in the 1st quarter of this year alone, I began my search for a pair of heels that I can use to these events. It took a while to figure out what color I needed because I didn't want to be impulsive by buying more than one pair. Luckily, the dresses I'm going to be wearing are not too complicated in terms of color. So I narrowed down my search and decided I would go for bronze.

Went from store to store only to be disappointed. Too high, too low, not bronze-y enough, more gold than bronze. I was beginning to feel serious frustration. Why is it so easy to spot a nice pair when you're not in urgent need of one?

Then one afternoon, Neal and I were in Megamall to buy something and I decided to browse around SM's shoe department. Still nothing. I saw this particular pair in the Charles and Keith section but they didn't have it in my size. The SA advised me that C&K has a free-standing store within the mall and that I might want to try my luck there. We don't go to Megamall often so I took advantage and asked Neal if I could go.

I have to thank that SA for making that suggestion because there I found the perfect shade of bronze and the style I really, really liked. But my misfortune didn't end there. They had all sizes EXCEPT MINE. I asked them to call the Rockwell branch to find out --- no dice. Greenbelt? Still none. There was only one last branch they could try that carries their Signature Line and it was Mall of Asia --- daaaaarn! But guess what? MOA had it! So with just a little hesitation (because MOA is a place I've tried to avoid going to time and time again), I told the Megamall SA to please reserve the pair for me.

The next day, I found myself walking inside this humongous mall looking for the store. After a few minutes, I had my shoes.


I sat in Starbucks after purchasing them, tired from all that walking but happy that my search had finally ended with these pretty babies. I used them for the first time yesterday and they didn't fail me. Did I mention that Charles and Keith heels are comfortable? I have cursed my way through formal events while wearing Nine West heels but I've never had the same experience with my C&K's. These were totally worth the wait and the price!

6 comments:

  1. 4" or 5"?

    mababali sa akin yan hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha mga 4" ang estimate ko. In fairness talaga, my feet didn't hurt at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had the same problem with my nine west heels. it was so uncomfortable.it was walking on broken glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Raquel! Sadly, most Nine West heels are not worth their price tag :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive always been a fan of c&k shoes ;) comfy & relatively cheap too. If i may ask what are your other go-to shoe brands patty?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, candz! Other than C&K, I like Steve Madden for their ballet flats, Nine West (some styles), BCBG, Tory Burch. I don't have too many brand preferences. As long as the shoe is comfortable and I like the style, I go for it :)

    ReplyDelete