Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sentimental Trip


I'm not sure what got into my brother when on Sunday night, he decided to tag me in some old photos he found on the internet. I spent the next hour or so reminiscing with him on Facebook and some friends who belong to our generation jumped in and joined the fun. I'll try to be as specific as I can in my descriptions for the benefit of those who may not be able to relate.


That blue structure in the middle is Rustan's Department Store. The store still stands on this very same spot today, looking so much different than it did in this photo. Ayala Avenue is on the right. This photo was obviously taken from the Hotel Intercontinental Manila which was already up at this time.


Remember this building? The QUAD is now known as Glorietta (the part facing Park Square). This was THE place to watch movies back then. Our Sunday afternoons were always spent here.

What a beautiful photo!
This is the Rizal Theater, where the Shangri-la Hotel (Makati) now stands

I can't help but wax sentimental while looking at these photos and the others my brother and I discovered. They remind me so much of my childhood and the weekends that were sacredly spent with family. It's amazing to note how much this famous city has changed since my younger days.

I'm old! Hahaha!



2 comments:

  1. I spent time in Manila as a child in the 70s and 80s. Definitely remember Rustan's and The Quad. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome. Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete