Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Milk Tea Madness Continues


We were in the area last Sunday and it was SO HOT
After a fulfilling but exhausting time shopping in nearby HMR on Pioneer Street (which is not airconditioned), we thought it best to cool off for a bit before heading home

Chatime in Pioneer Center was the most convenient choice for us

We positioned ourselves on the 2nd floor which was surprisingly huge for a milk tea joint


This was just my second time here and everyone else's first
I ordered the exact same thing I had when I first tried them out

Left : Pearl Milk Tea (large with extra pearls because I love pearls to death)
Right : Neal's Red Bean Milk Tea with pearls

Unfortunately, Neal took one sip of his drink and said goodbye to it. In all fairness, he's really not into milk teas. I tried it though, and it wasn't bad at all.

After this second visit, I'm still going to say that Serenitea remains at number one ranking on my list. Nothing (so far) beats the taste of my favorite Serenitea Hokkaido. I would have to say, however, that Chatime is a pretty good alternative. Definitely better than Happy Lemon, which disappointed us twice in a row.

P.S.
I wonder if Chatime's owners are thinking of sprucing up their menu with food/snacks. Their dine-in area is so big, people can actually eat there.

4 comments:

  1. tried hokkaido, hindi ko type. mas love ko bubble tea especially the one with mango bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, maybe you don't like the "tea" component so much just like my kids :) I haven't tried Bubble Tea. Next stop since it's near my house too. And they serve meals, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so-so lang their meals for me considering the price.

    i just want their milk tea

    ah tama, i don't like yung lasa masyado yung tea! nagmilk tea pa noh! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Pang slush ka siguro or the fruity variants lang. :)

    ReplyDelete