Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's the biggest thrift store there is?


This is not a secret. In fact, I know that so many others consider eBay as a shopping haven, most especially for thrifted items. Define? I googled for a definition of THRIFTED but couldn't find one. It seems this word came about as a way to refer to 2nd hand or pre-owned (pre-loved, if you want to sound cute) merchandise. eBay is full of these! I know because it's where I go to sell all my "hardly used" or "never used" stuff. The consequences of being an impulsive shopper, of course. It's the easiest way to get rid of things you no longer need or that are taking up much-needed space in your home.

I go on eBay everyday ... to check on my own listings and to look around for interesting stuff to snag. I'd like to share my latest find (one of already so many)...

A snakeskin cuff!
The starting bid, if memory serves, was PHP 99.00 so naturally, I had competition! There were 10 others who wanted to get this but luckily for me, I had all the time in the world to keep track (plus I get updates on my Blackberry whenever someone outbids me).

As I type, the Air21 guy is probably on his way here to deliver it. For an unbelievable total cost of PHP 169.00 (shipping included).

Do I hear applause? :p


No comments:

Post a Comment