Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas in the City


We deviated from our usual Sunday night routine and trooped to Makati to witness the much talked about Symphony of Lights display at the Ayala Triangle. I should've expected a thick crowd. Sunday evening plus a non-working/no-school holiday the next day? I definitely underestimated it. But the show was worth seeing. Even Sabine who fell asleep in the car on the way there and remained asleep even as we walked to get to the venue, woke up to appreciate all the flickering lights and the background music they "danced" to.


The show comes on every half hour but what time it starts, I'm really not sure. I would recommend going there on a weeknight though. A friend who works in the area tells me a lot of people still go during the weekday but I would assume that weekends are the busiest time.

We wanted to eat in Wee Nam Kee after the show but when we saw how jampacked it was...

We ditched our plans and crossed over to The Peninsula's Escolta to eat dinner quietly there.

No comments:

Post a Comment