Monday, December 27, 2010

Russian Red is L-O-V-E


Me? Wear red lipstick? Nah. Never in my wildest dreams. My visits to the MAC counters were always to purchase the most neutral shades I could find. My latest MAC favorite is a shade called Hug Me which looks like this (photo credit: paklinks.com). It's been my go-to shade eversince I discovered it.


Recently though, while on an impromptu shopping cum dinner trip to Power Plant Mall, my good friends Pia and Smile (well, mostly Pia, who by the way is the only person I know who wears red lipstick like she owns the shade), convinced me to step outside of my comfort zone and try red for a change. I can't believe I walked out of the store with a tube of MAC's Russian Red (still not my own photo).



Had I been alone in the store, I never would've even thought of grabbing this shade. But guess what, thanks to P and S, I did and I don't regret it one bit. I told P before we adjourned that night that I owe the epiphany to her.


Not bad at all! I think I'm gonna run out of this before I know it. I've been using it everyday since the time I got it. It looked even more perfect on Christmas Eve with my all-black outfit.


It was STILL my lipstick of choice on Christmas Day


2 comments:

  1. Thing is, even if you don't wear any MU, just swipe the red--or in Saab's case, PINK--and you're good to go! <3

    ReplyDelete