Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Full Holiday Mode


After tomorrow, I'm scheduled to be 100% focused on the coming holidays. With 3 Christmas parties this week alone, I'm looking forward to spending all my free time segregating and wrapping gifts. It hasn't been this way in a while. In the past few years, I saw myself rushing off to the mall after work to beat closing time just to grab gifts and cross names off my list. On weekends, I would drag myself out of bed to do the same thing PLUS brave the usual terrible holiday chaos on the road.

This year, it will be so different from the usual. I can choose to go to the mall any time I want and not think of having to prioritize a hectic work schedule. I can set aside any thoughts about work (and income ... which is actually the hard part) until early next year when people are again settled back into regular programming.

Today, I'm off to Greenhills, a place I haven't visited in ages. It's the nearest, most convenient place to go to and I find almost anything I need there.

List and cash in hand, I'm going to spend the afternoon leisurely at my own pace this time.

Are the rest of you ready for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment