Sunday, December 5, 2010

Neal's 44th @ The Jeepney


A few days ago, I had the chance to visit Hotel Intercon's The Jeepney again. When I was a lot younger, it used to be known as The Jeepney Bar and it was popular back then because of its very creative set up. Customers were made to sit inside actual Philippine jeepneys while they dined. Unfortunately, I can't find photos to prove this but that was really the case ages ago.

Today, you'll only find these on the walls


The buffet set-up is not overwhelming at all. I'm not a big buffet fan, not a heavy eater at all. I like that it only takes one round to see what's there for the picking. I had my heart set on dessert but they didn't have their mini-bibingkas, puto bumbongs and palitaws that night. I was told those are served at breakfast.
I also loved the understated holiday decorations in the lobby. They weren't overdone and stuck to the traditional colors of Christmas.


The following food shots were taken by our budding 14-year old photographer, Anissa. She's really good, isn't she?


Here's our junior photog with her official bodyguards hee hee


And the Birthday boy at the Halo Halo station


Our little fashionista posed by the lobby stand of Christmas sweet treats


Happy Happy 44th Birthday, Hon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment