Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Been There, Done That

The Mercury Retrograde is over but it seems it spilled over for some, including a very good friend who, I've learned, has had to go through some rough patches in her personal life these past weeks.

I've been waiting for her to reach out to me. She's not aware that I know what's been happening. I'm not the type to offer unsolicited advice. So when she finally asked me if we could go out, just the two of us, I was both happy and sad.

Happy because I would finally be able to hear it straight from the horse's mouth and give her the shoulder that she needs to cry on (if she's still crying) and sad because I'd have to suck in all that bad info about what happened to her. I'm not particularly excited to find out just how much she's suffered in the recent weeks.

But I guess I should just forget about my own judgements at the moment and focus on being there for her, as a friend and someone who's been in almost the same situation.

Things have gone haywire for her and it's no joke that she has to experience all of this at a time when families are eagerly awaiting and preparing for the holidays.

If it's any consolation, I haven't seen or talked to her in a while. So I'm looking forward to bonding with her, despite the circumstances that are bringing us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment