Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby Bro!

First of all...he's not a baby anymore. He's 38 yrs old today. Only 2 years younger, so when we were growing up we were like a cat and dog, constantly fighting over the littlest things. The one fight that stands out in my memory to this day is the one over my diary, which he secretly opened and read. But I caught him in the act and I was so angry, I dragged him by the hair outside of the room to the other end of the 2nd floor of our home. Poor guy had to deal with a sore scalp for days!



He was Mama's Boy, I was Daddy's Girl so there was really no competition. I guess it was the small age gap that made us so angry at each other most of the time. But when it was time to join forces, oh boy! We were the team to beat! All of our birthdays were celebrated jointly because we share the same birth month. In a lot of our childhood photos, we were even dressed alike. Whether he looked more like a girl, or I looked more like a boy, I don't know. But we were always mistaken for twins! In college, my friends called us the WONDER TWINS even!

I can go on an on about the kind of brother he's been to me. He's my favorite, of course hahahaha! Do I have a choice??? He's my only sibling! I can no longer live up to the kind of lifestyle he has. But I feel proud because people tell me how good he is at what he does.


But seriously this year on his birthday I am so so happy to see him happy and I know that things can only get better. I see it in his eyes and I feel it in my over-protective bones.


HAPPY 38th BIRTHDAY, BOMBITO!!!

You may be pushing 40 yourself but you'll always be my baby brother
(tell that to the girls who are constantly around you hahaha!)
LOVE YOU TO DEATH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment