Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Save or Splurge? Both!

Yes, I did both today. I splurged on one thing and saved on another.

This is today's "save". ELF Cosmetics' Contour Blush and Bronzer. This is from ELF's Studio Line. Their regular products sell for $1 each. Those in their studio line cost $3 each, this blush/bronzer set included. If you look closely at the blush, you'll see gold flecks, which remind me of NARS' Orgasm blush. This one's just a tiny bit lighter in the pan. The bronzer looks too dark though, so I'm thinking of using it on my eyes instead. I love the packaging because it makes the product look more expensive. See the big mirror? That's a big plus for me as well. For approximately PHP 150, how can anyone complain?

Up next...my splurge!

I've been debating with myself on what NARS blush shade to get because there are so many interesting shades to choose from! I'm tired of the famous Orgasm (but I do like it, don't get me wrong) and wanted to try others. I placed an online order for Deep Throat and that's coming next month. Today though, I couldn't resist dropping by the NARS counter inside Essenses in Glorietta and after trying 3 or 4 different shades, I ended up with this


NARS blush in Madly. It looks mighty scary in the pan but on my medium warm skin with yellow undertones (I use MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC35 or 40, depending on the time of year), it looked surprisingly natural! I forgot to do a roadtest first before purchasing this out of too much excitement. I'm acidic so I need to spend an hour, sometimes 2, going around with makeup on to see if I still like the way it looks on me once it sets.

Makeup junkies everywhere know that in terms of staying power, NARS has the best blushes in the market. NARS blushes now cost PHP 1,350, just a bit more expensive than MAC's which cost PHP 1,200 each.

Photos of me wearing these to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering, how did you order it? I've been following your blog and I remembered this entry from way back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I remember getting it from an online seller. Unfortunately, I don't remember who anymore :)

    ReplyDelete