Monday, January 21, 2013

Sick Weekend


I wish I could take this entry's title literally. But no, it wasn't the weekend that was sick, it was I. I really don't know what happened. The bug that hit me came from nowhere. I was fine last Friday and then I woke up Saturday morning and it was an entirely different story. 

I didn't have a fever, but my cold was bad and my throat even worse. My voice sounded like I live in a cave, and it hurt everytime I coughed. I was invited to a really good friend's birthday SPArty that day, but of course I had to miss it. My body was begging for rest and it didn't want to go anywhere except to the bathroom for pee breaks. That was it. The rest of the time, it was best friends with my king-sized bed. 

I guess it's this unpredictably cold weather that did me in, plus of course needless to say, the really crappy immune system from the last chemo cycle. Too bad, my side effects began to wear off on Friday, only to be replaced by the stupid bug. 

Today is Monday, I am feeling so much better. I'm still sniffling, still coughing but I don't feel too lethargic anymore. In fact, I need to go to The Medical City to get my 2nd booster shot, which you can read about here.

The biggest frustration I've had about this particular chemo cycle is how it's rendered me helpless for the most part. I'm not used to being forced to go on house/bed arrest and it really is the most annoying thing for me to be stuck at home and knowing that I can't go anywhere. 

Moreso, my chemo treatments happen 21 days apart. This time, since my downtime is longer, I won't really have much time to enjoy my "good" days before the next cycle happens at the end of the month. Normally, I'd have 2 weeks of really good days and I'm able to do what I want and go wherever during this time. This is usually my make-up time which is allotted to N and the kids. 

I'm glad that awful weekend is over and I'm feeling so much better. I hope to be able to do my evening walk tonight. As far as this cold weather is concerned, I really can't say I'm loving it too much. 

Have a fantastic week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. Caught a bad bug too, and I've been suffering for almost a week now! Feel better soon, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chinie! No wonder I haven't been "seeing" you around either. The viral strains nowadays are really a challenge to deal with. Hope you're well on your way to recovery, too.

    ReplyDelete