Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Search is Over



It didn't take long before I decided which one to get. I immediately scrapped the idea of getting the LX3 or the G10 because of the price difference (about HK$ 1,800 over my set budget). The G10 was great, but I'm really basically a point and shoot person. The less I have to do, the better. So it was down to two Canon models as I previously blogged about : the Canon Ixus 100 IS or the Canon Ixus 110 IS. While the latter is newer, I didn't really like the feel of it in my hand. ERGO...




Meet my new baby! This is the Canon Ixus 100 IS. 12 megapixels, 3x zoom lens with optical image stabilizer, 2.5" LCD screen and a viewfinder (rather unusual for a compact digicam). It's tiny, measures only 18.4mm thick. I originally was eyeing the red one but in person it didn't look as attractive (wayyyyy too bloody for my taste). So I went for the gold. It's actually a bit coppery in color and I love it!!!



Here are a few test shots:




We bought it from Fortress which is Neal's preferred store when purchasing small gadgets in HK. I got a generous amount of freebies too : camera case, mini-tripod, 4GB SD card, flashdrive, extra battery (this was a big plus for me).

I know I made the right choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment