Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tagaytay Chill Day


What was supposedly an attempt to break away from the intense Metro Manila heat turned out to be a flop (weather-wise, that is). Yesterday's weather in Tagaytay was almost as humid as Manila's. I don't ever remember hanging out in Tagaytay and sweating ... until yesterday. I didn't bother to bring a sweater or jacket because I knew I wouldn't really need it. But I didn't know I was going to feel sticky either. For a while there, I seriously started to think I was peri-menopausing!

Since we weren't planning on staying the night, I wanted to find a hangout place that was peaceful and quiet. Hotel Theodore was my choice. Located along the main road, just a few meters from the famous rotonda, I wanted something that was on the side of the lake. Also because Neal has lately become so addicted to taking photos using our Canon DSLR camera, this was the perfect spot for him.


The place is quite small. Very quaint and cozy especially on a weekday and I'm sure, during non-peak months.

I loved the not-so-big garden that was overlooking Taal Lake

We parked ourselves in this outdoor gazebo the entire time


I'm not sure what the hotel's overall theme is. Baroque, perhaps? This is their main lobby.


The dining room which can probably seat around 20


The entrance to their (Guinot Paris) Spa. I was so tempted to have something done! But I never want the hassle of having to get up and go home after a massage.

Like I said, we didn't stay the night so we opted to look at the rooms instead. We only got to see one...


This is one of their Vista Deluxe Rooms, perfect and suggested for honeymooners. Notice how visible the bathroom is from the main bedroom? That's why. :D

Now let's go to the highlight of our day. THE FOOD.
I ordered a cup of Tagaytay's famous coffee the minute I sat down. I loved the extra touch ... Chocolate Biscotti, which I didn't have to order on the side.

Sabine wanted pizza. This one's obviously Pepperoni, thin crust. Perfect!



And because we were still full from the lunch we had at home, the rest of us opted for dessert and we first shared this ... Fried Rice Cake with Mango Panna Cotta


It was SO GOOD, we ended up ordering one more!
The Fried Rice Cake was dipped in a very sweet sauce, similar to the one you eat with Suman. Perfect again!

Before leaving the hotel, Sabine had fun posing in the lobby


Oh...and going back to the disapponting weather. Spot all that oil on my face in this next photo. That's how humid it was!


We made one last interesting stop before going home but I'm gonna save that for my next entry. Dinner at The Dining Room at Gourmet Farms.

Seriously, all the good food saved this otherwise sticky day!

1 comment:

  1. I also enjoyed my visit in Theodore Hotel and I like their designs and place in reception area! Thats modern arts!

    ReplyDelete