Saturday, May 21, 2011

More On Nails


I'd like to think that I'm not as crazy about nail polish as my (crazy LOL) friends are.
Or at the very least, seeing bottles lined up on a shelf or counter doesn't give me the same kind of palpitations that shoes do. But when I see a nail polish shade I like, I definitely move heaven and earth to grab a bottle or two for myself. I have a measly collection of nail polishes compared to others. Whatever I have, I use up to the last drop. So in that sense, I'm really not a collector huh?

I tried looking for OPI Black Shatter during my recent Singapore vacation, primarily because my good friend Pia wanted me to grab it for her. Unfortunately, I went home a loser because I couldn't find it anywhere, not even in the big Sephora branch on Orchard Road.

I'm blessed though with friends who are addicted to online shopping and are always on the lookout for good finds. So when another good friend asked me if I wanted to order OPI Black Shatter from Amazon.com, I jumped at the chance and ended up ordering a few others.


From left to right : OPI Black Shatter, OPI Collins Ave., Essie Secret Stash, Seche Vite Fast Dry Top coat. If I remember correctly, all these totalled to a little less than USD 20.00. Good job! (photo taken with my iPad 2)

I brought these with me yesterday when I met up with friends, Pia and Smile, at Power Plant Mall for our 11am appointment at Dashing Diva. But I soon forgot about my new acquisitions when I opened Pia's bag of nail polish bottles (she always brings her stash with her when she gets a mani-pedi) and saw Chanel's Rose Insolent.

Here's a photo Pia took (using her Blackberry Torch -- amazing camera right??) after our mani-pedi session. I'm in love with it!!!

P.S. I was expecting Essie Secret Stash to be this shade but it's not. It's more magenta than fuschia or hot pink. I don't regret buying it but now I want Chanel Rose Insolent too. Groaaaaaaaan!

2 comments:

  1. i have rose insolent too, it's realllllly nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I don't doubt you have it! You and Pammy for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete