Saturday, May 28, 2011

Movie Day : Kung Fu Panda 2



I have never seen the cinema lobby of Power Plant Mall so jampacked with people before. We arrived before 4pm, hoping to catch the 4:15pm screening only to find out that there was none. It was either the 3:15 (already closed) or the 4:55. I checked the schedule on Power Plant Cinema's site and wondered why the screening times were different.

We had some time to spare so we walked around a bit and then I spotted this at the Power Mac shop


At P1,895 I could've saved close to P2,000 if I had gotten this instead of the skin guard AND the iPad Smart Cover. Grrrrrr! Now I'm seriously thinking of selling my Smart Cover and just get this instead. I really just might do this. I saw a black one and a hot pink one aside from this color in the photo.

It was still too early so we decided to sit down to grab a quick bite
We did so at PRESS, just around the corner from the cinema lobby


Neal had a slice of their Pistachio Sansrival
Really good! I ordered the Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Sauce to share with Sabine but forgot to take a pic of it. Loved it too!

Sabine also had a scoop of gelato


She is Daddy's Girl

And my mini me


We actually had a slight problem. Sabine doesn't like 3D movies. She doesn't like the idea of things flying directly at her. She refused to wear the glasses (again). As the lights began to dim, she hung on to me for dear life.

She really did watch 98% of the movie minus the 3D glasses, until the very last minute when she decided she wanted to give it a try. Now she claims she loves 3D and even wants to buy her own glasses! (I'm really looking forward to taking her to see The Smurfs next)


After the movie when the lights went on, I was pleasantly surprised to find something stuck to my seat. It was a Kung Fu Panda 2 pin with a note that said we could claim a special gift from the counter outside. Then I remembered reading about a promo while checking on the screening hours earlier. We won something!

It was a Kung Fu Panda shirt (too big for her though) and a custom cupcake which they gave as a token because she had her eye on them hehehe!

'Til our next 3D movie date!
(Sidenote : my chambray boyfriend shirt dress is from Muji and I love it!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment