Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Dining Room @ Gourmet Farms


Who doesn't remember Gourmet's Cafe?

I've always loved their salads
Gourmet Farms is supposedly the pioneer in organic produce
They've always served the freshest greens

On our way home from Tagaytay, we were actually looking for another restaurant, which is newer in the business. Unfortunately, our search took us nowhere because we didn't find the said restaurant, no matter how many times I checked my phone for the address. We decided that along the way, if we pass by Gourmet's and we still hadn't found Tootsie's (there, I mentioned the other resto's name hehe!), we would just have dinner at Gourmet's. Anyway, it's been tried and tested. We were sure to get good food before ending our road trip that day.


Very Santorini right?
(photo taken from their website)

It was just a little past 7pm when we found the place, but we were famished. It started to pour heavily outside, we entered the premises in the nick of time and avoided getting drenched. Unfortunately, we didn't get to take too many photos. But I loved the place! It was just like being placed smack in the middle of an art gallery. There was so much to see, while enjoying the good food.

Again, this isn't my own photo, as you can very well see from the watermark
I regret not taking any of the place

Their menu was short and sweet, not confusing at all
These are what we ordered

Fresh Mushroom Soup (P100.00)
They're also known for this. The soup is so tasty and I like clear soups over the creamy types!

A portion of the Russian Salad that Mom ordered
It was actually sitting on this huge bed of Romaine Lettuce
Forgot to check the price though, because it wasn't on the menu
Mom requested for it and they gave it to her without any questions. Props!

Pizza Margarita (P350.00) was Sabine's choice
Cheap considering the size and taste

Mom's Chili Con Carne (forgot how much, sorry)

Pork Satay, my order (P150 --- can you believe?)
That's Caesar Salad, not a side order

Neal's Tagaytay Longanisa with sunny side up eggs and garlic rice (P240)
Part of the All Day Breakfast Selection

I don't have a shot of what my Yaya ordered --- Monggo and Tilapia, which she said tasted really good, like homemade stuff.

Our total bill came to roughly P1,500. We were totally surprised at how reasonable their prices still are. Too bad it was getting late and the rain wouldn't let up. I would've had a cup of coffee to cap the evening.

This is the only photo I have of the place. I'm sure you get my point.


Finally, we just had to take a couple of group photos


My personal rating for this place is a definite 5 stars
Even the customer service is excellent!

3 comments:

  1. hi, Tootsie's is located along Tagaytay ridge. coming from Manila it sits beside the entrance of Taalena :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place is really nice. I'll take note of this so I can include it on our itinerary. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MariaKristela - you're welcome!

    January - my Mom insisted it was along Aguinaldo Highway, same road as Gourmet's. No wonder we couldn't find it! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete