Friday, March 14, 2008

Welcome summer!


I know that summer's officially here because I woke up to find Anissa still asleep. The school year came to an end for her yesterday and today is the first day of summer vacation for her. As a child, I always looked forward to the summer months. Not just because I'd be away from school work for two months but mostly, I was excited about all the planned family trips. In college, it was getting together with my friends for impromptu out-of-town jaunts and weekends away from home (but at that age I remember still having a tough time asking permission to go out). Since I had kids though, it's been all about them --- planning their summer activities, outings with other family members and my friends who have kids, too.


I've already gotten the girls and myself some new swimsuits and a few new summer outfits and I'm off to the grocery this weekend or early next week to get all the necessities for our trip next week.


First stop this year will be Subic. This has been my family's Holy Week tradition for years now. Most people would rather stay home and skip the chaos along either SLEX or NLEX but not us! We usually leave on Holy Wednesday right before midnight or very very early on Holy Thursday. We are lucky to have a place there, away from the maddening crowd. I just take the kids to the Yacht Club everyday to go swimming and hang out. The rest of the time is spent chilling out (aka eating and sleeping like pigs), watching DVDs and playing with the kids at home. This is the time I get to experience DF's cooking which I truly miss!


Our next stop would have been Bora from April 6-10 but DF decided to forego that plan for now to go to Baguio instead. I really would've preferred going to the beach, especially to Bora which I haven't seen in 2 years. It would have been Sabine's first time but I'm sure we'll all enjoy Baguio just the same. She'll have her first horsie ride in stinky Wright Park haha! But I'll continue to champion Bora until my Dad gets sick of me and gives in hehehe! Just looking at the photo I posted along with this entry is making my heart ache. I miss Bora terribly.


I'm going to plan more trips after this, definitely with the barkada and their kids, either to Calatagan or Nasugbu where we've all spent numerous memorable summer weekends.

Hope you all have a fun and busy summer as well! Stay safe, everyone!

P.S. Despite the fact that I love summer, I've always hated the heat and humidity that come with it. It's been obvious since last Monday that the weather has started to change. That means our electricity bill is going to give us major headaches again pretty soon. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment