Saturday, March 1, 2008

This is the start of my weekend?

I came to work extra early today in anticipation of the traffic due to the planned rally on Ayala Avenue. True enough, the OB Vans and press vehicles were already lined along Paseo de Roxas as early as 8am.

Upon settling down in my work area, I was told that my laptop would have to go to the IT people for re-configuration. It would take around 3 hours to do it and for the first time I seriously felt paralyzed. No laptop for 3 hours? That meant no email, no internet. I was stuck with my files and all my pending paperwork which I had to manually write down in my notebook.

Thank God there's a Starbucks that's a stone's throw away from the office. I went there to get me a Grande Cafe Mocha and when I returned to my work area, my boss' secretary was kind enough to offer me the day's issue of Wall Street Journal to read.


So I finally got my laptop back after the looooooooooooooooong wait. But I remembered I had to go downstairs and get money from the ATM so off I went. I keyed in my PIN once...wrong pin. A second time...wrong pin. What the??? One last time I keyed it in and guess what...the machine swallowed my card Great!!! It's the weekend and I don't have access to my money? STRIKE TWO!

I let go of that incident because I couldn't do anything about it anyway. But as they say..."bad luck" comes in threes, right? I was planning on leaving the office earlier than usual to avoid getting caught in the traffic due to the rally. I set a meeting in Ortigas Center in the afternoon but it was too late when I found out that the rally was to take place at 2pm! I thought it was going to be at 4pm just like the last one. At 1pm this is how the corner of Ayala and Paseo looked like from my boss' corner office window...


Good thing I was able to move the time of my meeting and the person was still available to sit down with me. By 3:30 I was out of the office and took the back route. Longer but definitely the wiser choice.


And that...is how my weekend started. Oh but there is a 4th incident that kinda surprised me but that is a different, more complicated and extremely more frustrating story which I would rather just deal with in silence.

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment