Tuesday, December 2, 2008

To The Other Man In My Life


At the ripe old age of 40, I'm still not ashamed to admit that I'm every inch a Daddy's Girl. But DF has had to share a portion of the spotlight with someone...my significant other, the "other" man in my life. Luckily, this "other" man doesn't feel the need to compete with Daddy, simply because he knows there should be no such thing. And that's just one of the many things I love about him.

Today is his 42nd birthday (sorry, Hon...I can't lie. I know you feel like you're only 40 but you're not hehehe) I'm dedicating today's entry to him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...

The one who makes me laugh the most
The one who reminds me to be thankful, even for the little things
The one who replenishes my strength and faith when they run low
The one who overlooks the "bad" and manages to see the "good" in me all the time
The one who would rather give than receive
The one who's taught me about forgiveness and humilty
The one I always choose to run to first
The one who always finds a way, never mind if all the odds are against him
The one who likes to stroke my hair when I'm asleep
(or when I pretend that I'm asleep)
The one who spoils the kids to death and plays deaf whenever I try to be "bad" cop
The one whose silence I've learned to read and understand through the years
The one person I can trust not to judge me
The one who finds bliss in the simplest of things and situations
The person I truly admire for his drive and perseverance
The one I can count on at any given time, in any given situation
The person who rescues me from every little predicament

My second chance
Probably (hehehe) the last chance I'll ever get in this lifetime

HAVE AN AWESOME BIRTHDAY, HON!!!
I LOVE YOU FROM MY BOTTOMLESS HEART!

No comments:

Post a Comment