Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Peplum Trend


Peplum : a short overskirt that is usually attached to a fitted jacket, blouse or dress. (Wikipedia)

I've been seeing a lot of this style in the last couple of months but hesitant to buy something even similar to it. Here's why.


You need to have a really defined waistline to be able to pull this off wonderfully. I don't have one haha. I lost mine years ago after giving birth. It just doesn't exist anymore. 

Just look again


How on earth?? They look like 22-inch waistlines to me. Mine is ... nevermind. I'm too embarassed to say. I especially like the dress in the middle though.

To hide the fact that my waistline has abandoned me, I would most likely go for something in black, like this number from Dorothy Perkins





Or this skirt from Mango which I wrote about sometime ago




Why are most dresses now cap-sleeved? Another thing that doesn't work for me. But with short sleeves, this Zara dress will work.



Can I really pull this off? Thinking about it some more.

P.S. It's Saturday! Kick back and enjoy the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment