Saturday, August 9, 2008

Abbey's Happily Ever After

I'm notorious for crying at weddings
The one I attended last night was no exception
Unfortunately I could only go to the reception at Sofitel because I had work

I wish I had taken a video of the AVP which the groom's brother
and only sibling prepared for him

It gave me goosebumps and made me run to the ladies room for a touch-up!

My childhood friend, Abbey got married and I'm so glad I decided to go even if the rest of my family couldn't make it. It was great to see old familiar faces, people I grew up with, good friends of my DF and DM. People with whom we had lost touch but have reconnected with.


The wedding favor (half of which now rests in Sabine's tummy because she had this for breakfast this morning)


I kept staring at the centerpiece


Too bad I couldn't capture the set-up details
Awesome work done by my Auntie Jojie (bride's immediate aunt)
The Manila Philharmonic Orchestra played beautiful music during the dinner
(Sorry, Abbey and Auntie Joj...I hope you weren't disappointed that I didn't get to sing as requested. I promise to make it up to you at that grand reunion we're cooking up! Na-pressure naman kasi ako sa orchestra back-up hahaha!)


With Auntie Jojie who slaved over every single detail
She's always been the creative one and may have been a director in her past life
When we were growing up, she was always choreographing dance numbers for us to perform in front of the adults during our many many parties
(Note the bride on the right side...I should've taken a closer shot of her gown. This was her 2nd one for the evening, a Chinese-inspired number
which she had made to honor her heritage)


Can't believe Abbey's now a wife. Here we are with her and DH, Chuck
I'm the eldest child in the group and seeing the younger ones get married makes me feel OLD


Stay HAPPY forever, Abbey!
And see you soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice decor! The centerpiece is lovely too! Sofitel is one of the options of my reception. How was the sound system? Last I was there - super bad! Ngo ngo lahat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didi, I remember hearing some feedback while the band was playing but it was for a short while lang. Guess you have to have somebody (a relative or friend) assigned to take care of the tech stuff. Exciting! You're planning your big day na!

    ReplyDelete