Saturday, August 30, 2008

Errand girl gets a lift

I had to leave work early yesterday, because my DM asked me to buy some stuff for her. She hardly wears white and wanted me to get her a few white tops to wear this weekend to Mama Gran's wake and funeral. Glorietta was the natural and most practical choice for me, since I was already in Makati anyway.

After buying everything she needed, plus lots of stuff for both the girls from SM (I made a huge mistake because it was payday weekend and there was a 3-day sale but I got some really great finds anyway), I realized I had not gotten anything for myself hehehe.

Feeling sad about Mama Gran's passing, I found myself wanting to buy shoes. What else? Maybe it was Mama Gran no less who gave me that idea My taste in shoe colors are boring compared to hers. She loved COLOR, not just on her shoes but on anything she wore. Among the many choices in Glorietta, I went for VNC. Very stylish yet reasonably-priced. I have a few pairs from there which were bought a few years ago but are still very much wearable.

After spending a few minutes looking around (trust me, you don't want to dwell too much because it gets really confusing after a while), I ended up with these two pairs. I love them! The gladiator-type slides (also in dark teal and purple but mine are a safe cream) are casual and dressy at the same time. The patent peeptoe wedges have just the right height for both work and weekends. I think it's my age that's preventing me from buying anything that's higher than 2 1/2" nowadays. I used to love wearing stilettos but I've outgrown them.

So there, Mama Gran...I gave in to that urge which you I'm sure, are so familiar with. I'm sorry I couldn't be more colorful than this but hey, what matters is those genes are alive and well!

P.S. Thanks to everyone who sent their messages of sympathy yesterday. Big big help!

No comments:

Post a Comment