Sunday, August 24, 2008

What's On My Mind?

Lately? It's eyeshadows, eyeshadows, eyeshadows! I've been bugging Sophie these past few days about --- what else --- make up! Beauty and Minerals is having a clearance sale and I took advantage of it. It's that time of year again. After being not-so-interested in make-up these past months, my cosmetics loving side is alive and kicking again and this time it's all about eyeshadows!


The ones I got from the sale are : Sabotage, Jinx, Light Plum, Semi Matte Brown, Ivy, Blizzard and Mirage. All those pretty shades for less than PHP 300. Thanks to Sophie for patiently answering all my questions and not disappointing me with these
(her personal choices for me)


A closer look at the colors:
Top Row L-R : Ivy, Blizzard, Mirage
2nd Row : (I forgot to label this), Semi Matte Brown, Driftwood (I've had this for a while)
3rd Row : Sabotage, Jinx, Light Plum

I've only tested Blizzard, Semi Matte Brown, Mirage and Sabotage so far
Can't wait to road test the rest!

This afternoon, I also had to run some important errands in Greenhills. Yaya is going on vacation starting Monday and I won't have time to get away 'til she returns so I went to I-Lash Salon for a retouch and to Nail Loft afterwards, for my usual mani-pedi-foot reflex package. While killing time in Watson's V-Mall, I couldn't help but look at the local make up brands on display. I have to say...I was quite impressed with the packaging and presentation, also with the extensive variety of products. I've never bought anything from these brands, except Ever Bilena's pencil eyeliner (which really works well by the way) but I was sucked into getting this today because I just couldn't resist...it looked so natural on my lids when I tried it. It's just the thing you need on "lazy" days when you want to do your eyes but don't feel like blending


Medium Gold e/s from Ever Bilena


PHP 40.00, can't complain at all!

And while I'm at it...I went back to my basic nail polish shade today
Been wearing a lot of reds and burgundies lately, and I just felt like taking it down a few notches this time. Old habits die hard...I went for my favorite Essie nail color (Ballet Slippers)


I love the fact that Nail Loft always has this in stock

That's it for me.
I'm waking up extra early tomorrow (early for a Sunday, that is) because we're driving to Tarlac to visit my Mama Gran who's still in the hospital. But we're celebrating her 90th birthday tomorrow nevertheless. I am both sad and happy to be seeing her. Hopefully no over-crying tomorrow (not good for my newly-retouched eyelash extensions).

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. hi sis! i heard from lyn that nail loft will be celebrating their anniversary and they will be giving discounts for their mani/pedi treatments :) im soooo excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I wonder when that is? I'll definitely go! Thanks for the heads up, Fran =)

    ReplyDelete