Monday, November 29, 2010

FINALLY someone wins the lotto jackpot

After all the talk and the fuss about the 6/55 lotto ... someone and I mean SOMEONE finally won the P740M plus jackpot! Only one person got all of the numbers correctly. Boy, I can't imagine winning all that money in a flash, and by sheer luck. More like divine providence to me. As of this writing, there's no news on whether the winner has been contacted and informed. I hope he doesn't have a heart condition. How do you deal with news as big as this?

Allow me to dream a bit. Yes, I did jump on the bandwagon and asked our driver to fall in line to place our bets. The jackpot was just too big to pass up. In fact, it's never been this big. How can anyone resist the urge to take a chance?

Just for fun, I tried to imagine being the winner and I came up with an impromptu list of things I would do with the money (in no particular order) :
  • Give to the church
  • Put up trust funds for my kids
  • Pay off our insurance and car loan
  • Choose a public hospital and pay for the bills of those who owe the doctors there
  • Build our dream house
  • Buy my parents and brother a property each
  • TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL
  • Invest in a business that will allow me to never consider going back to corporate life
  • Share some to my kids' Yaya who's been with us for 14 years
  • Share some to my family's (retired) "mayordoma" who faithfully served us for over 3 decades (yes, THREE decades --- she deserves a treat, don't you think?)
  • Invest in properties : a beachfront house, a condo in HK, an apartment in NY?
  • Go on a no holds barred shopping trip then SAVE THE REST
Wow. That was good while it lasted. Meantime, there's a person out there from Luzon who's going to be celebrating a very Merry Christmas this year. Please don't be a gambler or drug addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment