Monday, November 1, 2010

Duty Free Shopping in Subic


Our family has been going to Subic for as long as I can remember. At first, there were only Royal Subic Duty Free and Freeport Exchange, along with a handful of other smaller shopping outlets. But if you go to Subic as often as we do, you soon get tired of going to the same old places everytime.Last year, Puregold opened in SBMA and it's been our favorite stop for groceries eversince. It belongs to the S&R group, so if you frequent S&R in Manila, you should expect to find the same merchandise in Puregold Subic. Funny because I'm an S&R member but I don't go as often as I should. In fact, I visit Puregold more.This past (long) weekend, we again went to Puregold as a family. Aside from Halloween treats to give out to the kids in the West Kalayaan neighborhood, we did our usual round and looked for things we could take home.

Here are the highlights of this shopping trip:

Angus Cheeseburgers
8 sandwiches (yes, the buns are included) cost P1,199
They're ready to eat, just pop 'em in the microwave


Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
6 for P790
(in my opinion though, you need to add just a bit more cheese)

Still a highlight even if I resisted!

And lastly

It didn't take much to convince me to get this
One look and I knew
About P500 (sorry I forgot the exact price) for 30 whipped cream filled mini-cream puffs
LITERALLY heaven on earth!!!

Now for this I would definitely start going to S&R here in Manila again!

2 comments:

  1. Patty! I've been missing Subic Duty Free shopping!! Been super nahihilo kasi on road trips eh!!

    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magastos pero fun diba? :)) Hope you get to go soon, before you pop!

    ReplyDelete