Friday, November 19, 2010

42 and PROUD


I am all of 42 years this year. The past 12 months have been both challenging (to say the least) and awesome. Challenging because I didn't imagine going through something so unexpected and difficult to comprehend. Awesome because windows were opened after a huge door closed. Does that sound proverbial? It's meant to be.

The eve of my birthday was celebrated with my in-laws at my SIL's home. It was a simple family gathering, just the way I like it.

Bought a Mango Torte from Dulcelin
It was so good, no leftover! We got the 9" cake for P600
There's also a 12" version, P900

Here's the whole caboodle before we attacked the cake

On the night of my birthday, after a SUPER TOXIC day at work, my family treated me to dinner at The Stock Market in Bonifacio High Street. It was our first time here and we weren't disappointed. I took photos of all our orders, as usual. But this was mine and I enjoyed it!

Blackened Fish with Creole Rice
Sorry, I forgot how much this dish cost but definitely more than P500

After dinner, I was too tired to go around. Not even the "smell" of shoe stores nearby made me get up from my chair. I just wanted to enjoy some peace and quiet, especially since I knew I still had work to do on my laptop when I got home.

Despite being so tired, I truly enjoyed the quiet time with my loved ones on my birthday.

Thank you, DEAR LORD, for the past year and for the gift of turning another year older
I owe it all to YOU.

(And now I'm craving for Dulcelin's Mango Torte again)

No comments:

Post a Comment