Sunday, November 28, 2010

All White Friday Night


A very hectic (actually lousy) work day almost prevented me from making it to this very special gathering of friends. It was a double celebration : Imo's bridal shower and a bienvenida for LA girls, Deeds and May. Theme was all white. What a simple idea but it call came together wonderfully.

It's a good thing the driver didn't have any evening plans with his wifey (he's not a stay-in), so I used him to get to Paula's house in Valle Verde from the Makati CBD where I was holed up the whole day. Took us 1 hr 45 minutes in Friday EDSA traffic. I was so glad I made it because look at all this food!!!


We had balikbayans so the food was all Filipino. No shot of Hazel's MIL's famous Kare Kare and the Gerry's Grill Sisig (walang kamatayan) which Anna brought. There was Calamansi Juice too, to complete the line-up. For dessert, we had Pichi Pichi. The one thing I kept going back to was the Siomai with quail eggs. Paula ordered it from a place called Tita Len's somewhere in Kapitolyo, Pasig. So good!

Here's the siomai, up close and personal
Photo taken with my BB 9700

Our official group photo for the night in Paula's beautifully-decorated living room
Too bad we're missing one friend ... Cookie who gave birth to baby Martina just days ago

But more than the good food (of which we have a lot of everytime), the one thing I look forward to when seeing this group of friends is the non-stop chatter and laughter. From the shallow to the deep, you name it, we talk about just about anything.

I've been absent in some of the get togethers recently but I'm really happy I made it to this one, despite feeling wasted even before I took that shot of Patron hee hee!

CHEERS to wonderful, genuine, lasting friendships!!!

Looking forward to seeing them all again, this time for our pre-Christmas dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment