Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lippie Love


I read Phoebe's blog entry and ran to the nearest store the first chance I got
I went to two Watson's branches before I finally found what I'd been looking for!


I resisted the urge to get all of them but decided to first try the ones that immediately caught my fancy, then just go back for the rest at another time.

First off ... the Color Lipbalm


I chose Candy Apple and Sweet Rose
The third shade, Candy Pink, was out of stock.
These won't hurt your wallet at just P125 each. They glide on smoothly and are quite pigmented, you really don't need to apply too much for the color to show.

Here's what these two shades look like when swatched
Sweet Rose on the left and Candy Apple on the right


Both are good to use in the daytime but Sweet Rose is a tad darker,
so it won't look bad on a night out either.

I did a double-take on the Color Gloss before finally deciding to snag them. I went for two of the three shades: Candy Apple and Summer Pink. The other shade, Pearl Pink, looked too light. I was afraid it wouldn't show any color at all. These also cost P125 each.


They're just stickier than the usual lipgloss but not sticky enough to make you feel uncomfortable. Love the glimmer!

Oh and here's what the applicator looks like


Last but not the least, Lip Ice Sheer Color
How does this work?


If you've tried Smashbox's O-Gloss intuitive lipgloss, Lip Ice's Sheer Color works exactly the same way for a lot less. The balm itself is clear but as soon as you apply it, the color comes out, and the shade depends on how your lips react to the balm. Mine turned out to be a really nice shade that's pinkish-red. Smashbox's high end version costs around P1300 in Beauty Bar while this one costs a mere P145. Such a HUGE saving!

I promise to try all of these one day at a time, starting with the Sheer Color which is my favorite of the lot. Watch out for photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment