Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Not feeling the holiday spirit yet


Been seeing shoutouts on Facebook about people starting to Christmas shop. I've always wanted to do holiday shopping earlier than the rest of the world. Have I ever gotten around to doing it? Nope. Not even when I'm without work and have all the free time to do it. I'm not so sure why. Maybe I'm a masochist. I'm a sucker for that feeling you get when you shop and you're surrounded by holiday decoration, people waiting forever at the check-out counter/cashier, long lines at the gift wrapping area. Some people I know would hate to go through all the hassle. For some strange reason, I get a kick out of being right in the middle of all the chaos. Okay, except for the monstrous traffic jams during this happy time of the year, because the streets can get really, really horribly congested. Other than that, I don't mind so much and in fact, I've crammed and shopped on Christmas Eve for the past 2-3 consecutive years. Call me crazy, because maybe I am.

We're almost halfway into September and the most I've done is look at my Christmas list. Take note, I haven't touched it. I've spent a number of hours looking for gift ideas online but haven't actually purchased anything yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a scrooge at all. I just don't feel the need to start this early.

To each his own, right? :)

Are you an early bird or a crammer like I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment