Monday, September 19, 2011

Sick Sick Sick




Yes, I've been sick since Saturday night. I felt the onset of a bad cold that afternoon, en route to Araneta Coliseum where my teenager was to watch the 2011 UAAP Cheerdance Competition with her Pep Squad Mates. I guess the fact that there were throngs of people in the area made it worse. That same evening, even if I was feeling a bit off, I still had to go out to fulfill a previous commitment. So by the time I got home just before midnight, my body was desperate for rest. But I couldn't fall asleep right away, because Neal's flight from HK was arriving at 11:55 pm and I wanted to be awake when he got home.

Sunday was worse. I woke up SO LATE, like close to lunchtime. And I went back to bed at around 2pm and spent the entire afternoon there, asleep. I forced myself to get up so we could all visit Dad and be together for our usual Sunday dinner. Again, by the time I got home, I was just so out of it, I had to call for home service massage even if it was late.

So today, I was a total zombie. After abusing my body the past two days, I decided to stay put and hopefully be on the road to recovery. I think the worst is over. But just to stay on the safe side, I don't plan on going anywhere just yet.

My best friends other than Bioflu?

Homemade Chicken Macaroni Soup with vegetables


And huge glasses of Pineapple Juice
(the one in the photo was my 3rd tall glass today)


I'm hoping I'll feel slightly better when I wake up tomorrow.
I still have to share all the good stuff Neal brought home from Hong Kong.

Take care, everyone! Load up on your vitamins because 'tis the season for the flu!


No comments:

Post a Comment