Thursday, February 14, 2008

My V-day surprise

I swear I was just about to blog about Valentine's Day being overrated. Some of you have to admit, it really is. But girls will always be girls and at the end of the day, all we want is to be made to feel special and important.

I got one of the biggest shocks of my life when I went downstairs at past midnight to check the locks on our front door and saw this



The sight of it was enough to make me cry

In our almost 8 yrs as a couple, I can count the times DH has given me flowers
The last time was around 2 years ago because I was fuming mad at him about something
Hahahaha!
But he knows I'm not the type to demand or even expect anything grand even on special occasions like my birthday or Christmas. I'm really easy to please and even the tiniest gesture (gift or no gift) can make me the happiest person on earth.

No wonder when he went downstairs earlier and I asked if he needed some company while he smoked outside, his reply was so abrupt --- no, it's okay. It didn't get me thinking at all that he might be up to something because this was the very last thing I expected him to do.

Thank you...Hon, Anissa and Sabine --- for making me believe in Valentine's Day again


Happy Valentine's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment