Saturday, March 23, 2013

Party Look : The Day I Wore Green Eyeshadow


Disclaimer : I'm not turning into a beauty blogger. That sounds really funny. Although I can't leave the house without using certain types of cosmetics, I am certainly FAR from becoming a beauty blogger. There are a gajillion things I need to learn and perfect before I can even hope to talk effectively about make-up. 

Last night, I went to a party and I was actually in the mood to apply more than my usual amount of make-up. Usual is this : light face powder, eyebrows (a total must), eyeliner, a couple swipes of blush on the apples of my cheeks and lip gloss. Nothing more than this, not even mascara on a regular basis. But last night was an exception. Funny because just when I was in the mood to do more with my face, I realized that a lot of the stuff I wanted to use were missing (meaning ... Anissa had them). I settled for whatever I could find and within my reach, literally.

Good thing I recently attended a make-up workshop with other but more famous Mom bloggers and had a goody bag filled with loot that I hadn't used yet. I'll be blogging separately about this super fun event. For now, it's safe to say that the BYS brand (Australian) is a true winner. I used their liquid foundation, liquid eyeliner and loose powder first. Saving the other products for another occasion.


Please pardon the pores! I have yet to find a really effective pore minimizing product so please, if any of my readers have any recommendations, please comment or email me! Why green eyeshadow? Because like I said, I had to make do with whatever was within reach. I spotted this in my dresser drawer and it's from The Face Shop. I haven't used it in a while so I had forgotten how pigmented it is. The green went well with my outfit (blue and green) and the amount of glimmer was just right. I was so happy with the outcome, considering how scared I am of using eyeshadow due to the fact that I really am not so talented in this department.


Here's a full photo and what I used :

Brows - The Face Shop Design My Eyebrow (retractable slanted pencil) in Brown
Face - BYS Complete Coverage Foundation in Medium Beige, BYS Loose Powder in Medium, NYX Concealer for the under eye area, NYX HD Studio Photogenic Grinding Blush in Menage a Trois
Eyes - The Face Shop eyeshadow, No brand false lashes, BYS Smudge Proof Water Proof Liquid Eyeliner in black on upper lash line, NYX Slide On Pencil in black on waterline
Lips - Carmex Lipbalm and MAC Cream Lipstick in Hug Me

And to comply to that evening's Inter-galactic/Outer Space theme (it was a sweet 16 party I attended), I decided to use BYS' All That Glitters over an OPI neon pink matte shade


You like?

I promise to blog about these BYS products and more soon!

TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment