Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Birthday Girls


Anissa and Sabine will be celebrating their birthdays soon. The former will be 16, the latter 6. Yup, there's a whole decade in between them --- which is more good than bad, in our case. No sibling rivalry (yet!), no major jealousy issues. I think it's the huge age gap that's responsible for making Anissa so patient with the little one's antics. It is also why Sabine idolizes her big sister so much.

I often find myself feeling like I'm on one end of a rope one minute, and on the opposite end the next. I deal with them differently because of their ages. I have to. It's tiring sometimes, not to mention confusing. But I have no regrets.

The picture on the left was taken when Anissa was just 10 and Sabine, a few months old (maybe 6?) and the one on the right is recent, just taken last month. They are total opposites ... one is reserved, the other outspoken. But they're equally smart and talented and more importantly,
they're my girls and bring me so much joy no matter how different they are from each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment