Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our Day With Hannah

It finally happened!

But to backtrack a bit...

This gathering was supposed to have happened before Christmas. But due to everyone's hectic holiday schedules, it was moved but the important thing is we all came through for Hannah! 

The story of Hannah touched me in a way that I can't even begin to describe up to now. I've been visiting her website since I first discovered it, mindful of each little but meaningful milestone that her parents, Carlo and Joan would write about. I guess it helped that I'm a mother myself and Sabine is only slightly older than her. Her condition is something I hadn't heard of before. I was hooked on Hannah from day one. 

Yesterday, my friends and I finally got to see Hannah in the flesh. The objective was quite simple...we wanted to throw her a small party and bring her gifts, not just from ourselves and our respective families, but from well-meaning and kind-hearted friends, family members, colleagues at work --- whoever wanted to help Hannah and in whatever small way they could. A little went a long way and we trooped to Hannah's home in the South bearing our humble presents. 

After texting and emailing each other for months, I was glad to meet Daddy Carlo and Mommy Joan. Hannah was in her BEST element, showing off her tricks whenever she could. Her smile lit up the whole place! She was cheerful and so happy! I can see how much joy she brings into their household. Despite her condition, Hannah is as normal as normal can be. 

I had a super great time and so did everyone else. It felt so good to have been given the opportunity to reach out to this beautiful baby and her family. 

But before I direct you to the photos taken on this very special day, I must thank everyone who helped make it all happen :

TO THE HAVIES (in no particular order para walang tampuhan) : Pao, Smile, Therese, Elsa, Gee, Janis, Pia and Brenda - for not thinking twice, not asking questions and always being there with 101% support all the time, everytime! PIA AND BRENDS, we missed you at the party but thank you, thank you for your kind intentions! God did not bless me with a sister and now I know why. He gave me more than just one! 

TO OUR LOYAL PARTNERS : Venny, Cameron, Felix, Isko, Neal - thank you from our bottomless hearts!

TO MEL OF PARTYTIME PHILIPPINES (who provided the decorations, tables and chairs, utensils) : I would have wanted to meet you and thank you in person for your generosity. Thank you for being a part of this effort. We all loved what you did to the place! 

TO CHARMAINE AND RICA, the beautiful women behind Brusselsprouts Clothing : too bad you ladies couldn't make it. But thank you for all your help!

TO ALL OF HANNAH'S KIND AND GENEROUS SPONSORS : there are just too many to mention but you all know who you are. May God continue to bless you and your families abundantly. Our deepest thanks for your complete confidence in our intentions for Hannah. 

TO DADDY CARLO AND MOMMY JOAN : for welcoming us into your home and allowing us to "disrupt" Hannah's schedule for a bit. We're so glad to have met all of you. Rest assured, we'll keep you in our prayers always. 

AND TO HANNAH...for being such a gracious honoree. You truly are a sweet angel and your parents are extremely blessed to have you in their lives. Tons of hugs and kisses from all of us!!!

I'm not sure I want to recover from this awesome feeling so before I turn sappy (again!), here's the link to those great photos : 

We make a living by what we get
But we make a LIFE by what we give
-Sir Winston Churchill-

No comments:

Post a Comment