Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The FREEMAN is a Free Man


I listened to the touching eulogies last night and had tears in my eyes from start to finish. Christ the King church was packed with friends, colleagues, family members who wanted to say their goodbyes. And shortly after midnight, his casket was ushered out of the church and taken to Funeraria Paz where his body was to be cremated, with only immediate family members in attendance. After saying our goodbyes to Pia and her kids, we left the church to go home with heavy hearts.

As I prepare to go to his funeral mass today, I still can't believe that FM's really, really gone. It's overwhelming to see the amount of love and admiration for him since Friday. I constantly check on YouTube, his multiply site and Pia's and I see an enormous amount of messages everyday, from people they don't even know.

I guess this is largely where Pia's getting her unwavering strength. It must make her so happy to see and be told that Francis touched so many lives and influenced many with his music and work.

So long for now and see you in the next life, Francis...you're an honest-to-goodness FREEMAN now, up in heaven with your Creator, reunited with your parents and looking down on everyone who loves you and misses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment