Monday, March 9, 2009

A Strong Woman Versus A Woman of Strength

A strong woman works out everyday to keep her body in shape, but a woman of strength looks deep inside to keep her soul in shape

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything, but a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her, but a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future, but a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be blessings and capitalizes on them

A strong woman walks sure footedly, but a woman of strength knows when to ask for help

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face, but a woman of strength wears grace

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey

BUT A WOMAN OF STRENGTH HAS FAITH THAT IT IS IN THE JOURNEY THAT SHE WILL BECOME STRONG

Much has been said and written about the late Francis M., who was diagnosed with Leukemia in August 2008 and passed away last Friday from pneumonia complications. It's taken me a while to blog about it because just like the rest of the nation, I've been in disbelief and have been feeling very sad for Pia and the kids for the past couple of days. The only thing I could say to Pia before seeing her at FM's wake earlier was a short message sent via SMS an hour after FM's death was announced. I sent her my love and hugs and told her I'm here for her. What else is there to say at a time like this? Even if I worried about how she was doing, I kept telling people (those who asked me if the news was true) that I was sure Pia was fine, because in my heart I knew that she really was. Grieving, yes. But she has always exuded the kind of strength that would make anyone so envious.

The loss of a loved one...a soulmate and bestfriend is one of the most painful things anyone can experience. I can't even begin to imagine what Pia and her kids are going through at this time. FM is an extra-ordinary person...warm and kind-hearted, funny and endearing, positive and dedicated. He and Pia are the kind of people you would always love to have around.
Francis, this entry is obviously more about Pia than you but I know you understand. If you worry about how she'll carry on without you, DON'T. She will pass this test with flying colors...true to form! I'm sad that you had to leave so soon but comforted by the fact that you are free of pain and surely rocking the gates of heaven with your music. Rest well, knowing that the family you left behind will forever be proud of all that you've done and given them and...be proud yourself for raising beautiful and responsible children who will bask in the glory of carrying the MAGALONA family name. Thank you!!!


And to my dear friend, Pia...you inspire me no end.

I am in awe of your strength, as always.

2 comments:

  1. Pia is lucky to have you as a friend. She needs more people like you. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kay, thanks! I can only hope to be half as strong as she is =)

    ReplyDelete